Welcome to Focus Training
Focus Training (SW) Ltd. operates throughout Devon and Cornwall delivering quality training to anyone who wishes to improve their skills, qualifications and future career prospects. We offer flexible and professional training at reasonable prices. We also access Government funding to provide free or reduced cost training whenever possible, and can help whether you are currently in employment, or are seeking work.
Focus Training are a friendly, close working team who are very knowledgeable and will be happy to help with any questions or queries that you may have. We hold a number of awards and quality accreditations for our work. We pride ourselves on providing all of our Training Consultants with the most up-to-date technology to allow them to provide the best service to their learners.
Please look through our website and find out what we have to offer. If you have any comments or questions then feel free to contact us and we will get back to you shortly.
Focus Training are offering 5 courses in the next 3 months for people currently claiming Job Seekers Allowance. If you wish to book yourself on any of the following then please contact, Jackie Lowrie at Focus Training.
- Monday 28th January to Friday 8thFeb 2013 – CSCS card with Employability Skills A two week course at Working Links, Plymouth.
- Monday 21st January until Monday 25thMarch 2013 - PTTLs, Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector, Monday evenings 5pm till 8.30pm at Focus Training, Plymouth. Still taking refferals for this course
- Monday 18th February to Friday 22ndFebruary 2013 - Pre-employment for the Retail sector. A one week course at Working Links, Plymouth.
- Monday 25th February to Friday 8thMarch 2013 – Pre-employment training for the Hospitality sector run from Working Links, Plymouth. 3 days of the second week when it will be run from a hotel in the City Centre.
- Monday March 18th to Friday 28th March 2013 - Maintenance Person 1 week training course being run from DCET Training, Marsh Barton, Exeter.
Contact Jackie Lowrie, Busines Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org – 01752 348980
Here are the upcoming events and dates for the next couple of months:
- 29th January – Recruitment Day at One Insurance in Torquay - Business Administration Vacancy (Check out Learner Vacancies)
- 31st January – Saltash.net Careers Evening 6pm – 9pm
- 5th February – Health and Safety Course at Focus – CANCELLED
- 6th February – First Aid Course at Focus Training, Plymouth
- 13th February – Food Safety Course at Focus Training, Plymouth
24+ Advanced Learning Loans
The Government is introducing 24+ Advanced Learning Loans for learners aged 24 and above in further education and training studying at Level 3 and above, including Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships, for those starting their course or apprenticeship on or after 1 August 2013.
24+ Advanced Learning Loans will replace government grants for this group, who represent around 10% of learners. Younger learners and those seeking to gain basic qualifications at Level 2 and below will continue to be funded by the grants they don’t have to pay back.
24+ Advanced Learning Loans will cover the cost of tuition, so learners do not have to pay upfront. Interest on the loans will be lower than anything available on the high street and linked to inflation. Any balance outstanding is written off after 30 years.
For more information on 24+ Advanced Learning Loans policy please visit BIS website.